Sunday, December 23, 2007

Intro and "The rest of the story..."

Hi, welcome to my web log. Please visit frequently and I will try to Blog my impressions of the real estate market overall for Richmond, VA and the surrounding area. Of course, you can search for homes and find much more information at my web site, charlie-realtor.com, or my company’s web site – Prudential Slater James River REALTORS®.

I was encouraged to start this blog when I attended one of the many classes I attend each year to stay current with the market, real estate practice and code changes.
Dick Betts was the instructor and I found his class very interesting and motivational.

And now for my comment to start...

While our friends on the news channels would have us think the real estate market is in the dumps, (and, for some areas in other parts of the country, their market is depressed) the Richmond area is reasonable. While not as strong as last year – a record year – your home prices are still holding reasonably well and the projections are that 2007 will still be a strong year. Of course, psychologically, after several extraordinary years, it’s easy to fall prey to the naysayers.

CVRMLS (Central VA Regional Multiple Listing Service) Statistics:

2006
Sold Properties 18,478
Avg List Price $268,769
Avg Sold Price $265,985
Avg DOM (day on the market) 44

2007 (as of 12/9/07)
Sold Properties 14,559
Avg List Price $279,985
Avg Sold Price $275,007
Avg DOM (day on the market) 50

Yes I know, these are simple statistics, but they are the facts from
CVRMLS.

By way of introduction, I have lived in Chesterfield County since 1961 and firmly believe the entire Richmond area is a great place to live, raise a family and even retire. Visit my web site to learn more about me and my company – put the “Power of the Rock®” to work for you and let me be Your Family’s Real Estate Consultant
“…for your family’s next move, and the next…!”

No comments: